11.13.2012

Lego-made shock mount

Last night I did something actually useful with Lego! Since I started recording Let's Plays I had to use some sort of soft block under the actual microphone stand to prevent keyboard sounds from getting into the recording. I thought about buying a shock mount for it but soon realized how simple they are made and how fast I could create one using one. So yeah, that's what I did last night. I definitely need to take some pics of it - works exceptionally well, though I dropped pneumatics-powered mount adjustment cause I had to some sleep before going to work... Really simple to make, just need attach my recently bought popkiller screen. Hm, I could actually just remove the shield and stick it to an adjustable frame... Yep, that sounds like the better plan - too bad I'll need to disassemlble the popkiller first. Guarantee and so on.

No comments: