6.17.2012

Satisfaction

Had a clear moment today and decided to split the display list into a seperate "dtree" (d for depth) and associated iteration. I just didn't like how I cluttered everything and as I'm thinking about just leaving it this way. I mean in the ende you what you optimize for and yo usually also know what stuff will look like. Having a display list based on depth sorting is always a good idea, but you could use it for so much more than just premade graphis effects. I know that my progress is always slow, but the more I try uniform everything, the facets and reusability situations manifest in my mind. Interesting, I was able to cross my experiences from bytecode execution with this and my experience that inlining is still the best way to selectively optimize becomes true as I also rather want to drop fixed system instead of a flexible modular setup. I made so many new things while trying to squeeze everything into one packed, each time I start to get unsatisfied, I know it's time to recycle what I already have. I should make this a motto of some sort. It's rather philosophy at a very basic level - a point how to overcome things that bother you. Personally, I never feel better when I try to strive for something new or some artificially challenging. I feel better when thinking how things are, how things would react and how less troubled everything becomes for which path. In the end, I try to choose the right path that doesn't bring trouble to the future but brings satisfaction by working just fine. The easiest way to prevent a lot of trouble for myself is to just think and loose from physical matters. In the end, all psychological input has a base of physical input we all collected since we were born. Not getting involved in anything of this sort does usually result in a state of loose focus, often a great of voidness and potential strong focus on things you brought into this state. And sometimes a physical input like music or a though somewhere else expressed can bring you into this state. Also, for you guys and gals you who haven't yet discovered it, The Japan Channel's video about speedy builders over there is simply satisfying. Though I'd get creeped by the combination of rain and wood during build, they really know how to build stuff fast.

No comments: