4.10.2012

OpenGL Performance Optimization

There's a very useful article about pitfalls when using OpenGL and how to avoid them. Most was already clear to but some stuff was new and I'm considering all mentioned things when starting to create more high level features. Currently I'm not sure whether I want to provide many low level functionalities like those usable in direct OpenGL or rather give a set of more managed features. I'm really not sure about this, but it'll probably be rather simple in what it does. After all, there are so many ways to optimize stuff that it clearly depends on what and how you are rendering your screen output. Since I don't want to limit everything to a specific way of building screen contend, I can't afford ruling over the whole setup. Thus, I'll probably focus on drawing only and leave those features out that are more dependent than others.

No comments: