2.24.2012

Added a few more features to my display list/graphics engine. Now one can load sprite sheets with equal size per sprite and pass it to the display list renderer. A few more things like coloring an image's clipping area, having invisible container-like elements as well as a two functions that do not render but trace through which display elements collide with a given point or square. This might come in handy when creating user interfaces or games where I'm using the system directly to render moving sprites or so. Interestingly, I can even use this setup as some sort of scene graph and completely drop any rendering-related information. Quite interesting, indeed. Will have to see whether this pays off in the future.

I also took the time to create some general descriptions and sum-ups of the libraries I'll upload and publish this weekend. I'm quite pleased so far. Creating useful code for video games has never been easier to me with this toolkit.

No comments: