8.06.2011

Lovecraft

Ignoring to the pun of breaking my current Minecraft addition with another craft, I decided to read atleast one book by H. P. Lovecraft. I got infected with this a while ago when I was reading more about the Cthulhu Mythos on Wikipedia, having seen an Eternal Darkness speedrun before. And it happened again in another speedrun, this time Castlevania 64, that they used one of Lovecraft fictional objects, the Necronimicon, in the game's intro sequence. Both times go well together with today, where I finally informed myself about Lovecraft in detail. I'm especially pleased with a site enabling more me to read some of his writings. He has clear and pleasing style with a syntax I coming close to what I'd like when dwelling into such areas. However, I prefer to hold and feel writings in my hand rather then wasting energy with a running computer. Additionally, I love reading fantastic creep during train travels, so this rounds up parts of my student's day-to-day routine.

Seem from out of my person dust bubble, it's surprising but also a logic consequence that I want to read atleast a part of his work. I'm always creeped by the sound and graphics of horror movies and horror game's interfaction, additionally. Though I have a few creepy games and movies I actually enjoy while they are a total horror to all the others watching those moving rotating my intestines. I have a few theories why it is like that, but one thing always finding it's way in is the question of format. You see, a typical horror movie is presented with a strong focus on horrifying visuals and ways to let you be hopelessly isolated with the movie's ongoing plot. There's no objective description, no observation about what's going on while leaving audiovisual celebration aside. That said, I like descriptive creep staying neutral. No silly attempts to drama attention or whatever else ugliness. Just a good, reader-weighted neutral text you can think and dream about. Nothing else. From what I've read so far, Lovecraft is a lovely candidate. I like his writing style and also the idea of letting come the fear remotely, sometimes way back in history. And for sure am I interested in reading more about what roles play Cthulu and the Necronomicon in his stories. It's simply the stuff that let me discover him, so I'm excited to finally find a copy I deem aquisition-worthy.

So I hope my feets start moving toward the next book store with non-translated Englisch books. I don't want a wasted German translation.

No comments: