5.21.2011

Yippee!

Yep, it works. Quite efficiently. Didn't knew about this one before. Hm, I think this can be used much more efficiently for more interesting things! it really must be the way C++ arranges it's member, by simply nesting the structures... Yeah, sounds reasonable for a compiler to do. Guess this can be abused to force some kind of method-less object orientation in C! Could it be that those OOP systems for C work the same? I bet so. The roots must come from somewhere, so it's no surprise this way sounds sooo convincing this time.

So yeah, hooray for data structures in C! I think it's time now to port this work to C if not even continue the work there. Atleast for such storage types. For n-dimensional vectors... Well, I haven't yet found a good solution for it. But I bet I can use my macro collections I used to teach the preprocessor adding, subtracting and multiplying. All in all I just need to be creative - this way I can do all kinds of things with it... Sure, it's not as comftable as with C++'s constructor and so on. But it's surely an effective reduction cause I don't use any C++ extension except a bit of syntactic sugar here and there (templates, references and some other things - just sayin'). So I'd rather like to see my compiler completely written in C instead of those painful C++ template classes I wrote. You have to use sooo many long lines for all that stuff... It's also not as clean to look at. Yeah, leave C++ as what it is and try to hack your way through the typical standard. I won't start with those "C++ isn't installed everywhere", which isn't true. Almost everyone does have it, but it's probably not supported everywhere! As I hope to get more into the lowlevel areas program later, there's definitely a bunch of platforms with no or only very limited C++ available. So let's turn the lights off and get dirty.

No comments: