5.15.2011

So far everything went ok. The new Gnome is different from most flavoured Ubuntu variants I tried, but it gets the job done. There are some annoying things like no setup for keeping brightness max when running on battery etc.I don't like to adjust it every 5 minutes I don't type... However, it's VERY simple it it's overall functionality and appearance. I rather prefer using the Fallback mode cause it doesn't (or atleast it shouldn't) utilize those shiny and battery-sucking graphics effects. Oh and I'm pleased to read that mutter (it's new window decorator) is compatible with Metacity themes. So I can install all decorations I want with touching it's admittedly ultra-thin window theme.

I only need to import browser settings, install missing apps (there aren't sooo many) and whatever comes to my mind. It's unbelievable how much crap is in Ubuntu distributions. Nobody needs this...

No comments: