5.01.2011

I spend the whole day trying to get an easier to operate locking done but I had simply no success. Whatever I do, the most effective one was the first I ever create for this model: with strong resemblance to a flexible rack, almost a "rack chain" when I add enough joints. A totally worthless day. I'll go back to this variant as it enables me to get the strongest possible locking done while not having to stack beams or use just-too-complex (tm) constructions. Forget all other things, for Lego break-action guns there is no better locking. Nothing else gives you a better trade-off between simplicity, stability and reliability. It's just like that and that's why I'll re-implement it again. Maybe I'll combine with even less joints this time to keep the planned sight system still possible. I decided to make a ghost sight for each barrel with around 3 or 4 rings and a pin on the muzzle. A ghost sight is basically just a series or thinner or thicker rings in a row which make it easier to focus on the target than with open iron sights (=a notch at the rear and a bead/pin at the front). Though I never shot or even held a gun (I really don't want to!), I know these targeting system from Stalker and other games where it's generally easiert to shoot trough a sight with atleast one ring and a pin. So adding more rings makes it possible for me to aim accurately and having an easy-to-focus thingie along the whole gun body. I used beams with special colors before, really not so nice to see when everything is so similar. Dunno where to fing Lego rings, though. The rings should be big enough and connectable with normal axles. I don't think I have such ones...

No comments: