5.03.2011

I found a library called dyncall which seems to do exactly what I need. Haven't read through all it's docs, but it claims to have portable dynamic library loading and dynamic function calling. The source code looked pretty specific with tons of different platforms, so this seems to be the perfect answer to my problem. Open/closing libraries, finding and calling. I have really no idea how they archieved and I kind of don't want to. I bet I wouldn't even be able to. It's so complex and requires so many special cases and tests. No need to break my precious head about it. However, when I compiled and tested this and got comfortable with it's interface, I can carry on with how to integrate everything, how to make sure that everything works etc. I think the biggest problem is how the actual bytecode should look. Oh man, now it's getting back to those details. Hmpf. Whatever. Carry on!

No comments: