3.12.2011

I think I found a good solution. MY INC/DEC does wraps if you want to increment the maximum or decrease the minimum. So when this happens, you know it's bigger or smaller. I just don't know how to combine within this fucking macro system. I should at first finish the subtraction, as everything depends on it. Then, when I can use it's result, I can implement "i equal j" and go from there. The macro system kind of sucks cause you need to repeat all the time and can't really take all of your previous "efforts" and combine them wildy. It's tricky and I'd rather prefer having a recursion ability. But well, shouldn't I make my own preprocessor then? *sigh* Stuff's never getting comftable with standard stuff and so. I think I went too far today and began to dislike all this rather complicated shit. I even started to lookup Wikipedia for help, but you'll never be able to read about actual implementations but rather about this one variant and that other concept... So far, I think I tumbled into something I don't want to completely implement. Only partially. There's some weird shit going in there in the heads of instruction set designers (there even exist sets with just one instruction. yes, ONE FUCKING INSTRUCTION. there is also zero instructions, but that doesn't work like software anymore), I don't like to read more about it. And this should also make me go back from whence I came to continue my work on more productive things. If I'll ever do anything like that in Lego, then I'll keep it binary and work with ANDs, NOTs, ORs etc all the fucking time. I really never want to this with literals again. It makes your head boom and your heart break.

Never trust instruction set designers.

No comments: