3.16.2011

Google C++ Style Guide

I found this coding style guidefrom Google a while ago. I agree with many points and said myself that some of the "new to me" ones are really worthwhile practising. It might take to some time to get used to it, but it's good say that your code follows a strict styleguide instead of changing all the time depending on what you think it good. I can remember how fluently I was able to code with a strict style guide when I used one for the first time. It's really not hard to say yourself "Do it this way!" and keep on typing. Additionally, I'm often a bit inconsistent, especially if it comes to comments. I often use them for some kind of scratchpad for initial ideas to keep it connected with the code where I got the idea from or what was related to it.

No comments: