ARGH, sometimes I confuse myself enough with this shit to question everything I never questioned before cause someone told it me right. So it's a false assumption that unrolls later. *sigh* I should set up a definite guideline for my whole toolkit. I'll begin!
- use only call by reference if possible
- inline what's worth inlining
- take loop unrolling serious and offer a large variety of template methods with fixed values to help the compiler determine what to unroll and what no
- ensure that all unchanged reference are defined as const
- make it a template class if useful and possible