12.28.2010

What a fucking shit, I could cry. There are numerous ways to compile and upload NXT programs, but most of them require older firmware and compilers to work or some other voodoo magic like perl scripts which's functionality I can't get rolling cause the only file I need isn't supported by unpacker I've yet used. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH This shit is driving me crazy. Compiling an NCX or NBC is the easiest part of it. Then you need to upload it. Problem is, NBC actually COULD upload it, if it would work. It does NOTHING except for compiling it somewhere. But uploading? I guess it doesn't even recognize the NXT. So there are programs like Talk2NXT (T2N) and LinXT. T2N does work for certain NXT firmware versions. Problem is that NBC creates programs for firmware version 1.128 and T2N works only with 1.124 below. So in order to get it right, I'd probably downgrade everything. I already did that for the brick, but I don't feel that I want to do it often as it is NOT the way I want to destroy it's flash memory. So I found some universities covering the setup process on some operating systems and found LinXT, which requires a lot of extra installations for which the last did just not work and I don't know how to open this fucked up archive type. I really don't know why GNOME's packager doesn't do anything there, but I can't change it.

So the last chance I give non-virtualboxey installations is to manually set the USB port NBC should use. I hope this will work... Otherwise I'd need to setup some very, very ugly things to get it work. I just don't know why devs do so fucking stupid things instead of developing a simple automagically working system. It isn't so hard, they just need to FUCKING DO SOMETHING FOR MONEY. What, Money? Oh right, I forgot. We live in A FREE COUNTRY, RIGHT.

This is pissing me sooooo off. More than anthing else at the moment. And no, I'm not interested in coding Haskell or something weird like that. It's already a shame that there's no working GCC toolchain that comes with a sane usage.

No comments: