12.30.2010

Nope it didn't work

Yes, I tried it, but no, it didn't work. I just can't do anything with Java. I'm not used to it and I'm not interested in it. Instead, I reflashed my brick once again and let NXC/NBC do the rest. I just can't work with Java, it's so littered and so over-the-top conceptual - where does all this shit come from? As much as I love the idea of having a single bytecode interpreter as a base, I always forget how immensely stupid everything else about Java is. Java is for web applications, enough said. Also, I'm not a fan of too OOP-e-fied OOP. It should still resemble the natural structure of code, not stupid analogies and abstract concepts. These guys really know how to wreck newbie programmers. It seems so hard for Java programmers to code something actually clean in C/C++. But maybe I just don't know the right people... However, this will it be, for the last time. No more firmware flashs! I'm curious how I can squeeze the last drop of functionality out of it. In my freetime, I'll not only work on code and Lego machines, I also want to find a nice way to give C some nicer OOP and Template features. I know the only way to do this is to use macros - they are ok, if they're the languages natural way of enhancement (sounds like a spam mail, doesn't it?). So fuck yes, let's start with this and break the laws of limitations. And I'm tempted to abuse it's almost non-existing dynamic memory allocation. I have so many ideas I can do with it, cause the NXT is so limited. Let's see what I can do and what not. I'm intrigued! And as it's using Lego's NXT firmware, I know all sensors will work. In LeJOS I could just not get color sensors to work. Must be the firmware or the horrible API... However, I'm glad I do have a proper C-style syntax and functional API now... Home sweet home.

No comments: