11.13.2010

Oblivion's music

Everytime I hear Oblivion's music, I feel warm and secure. It's a soundtrack I always listening when I feel lonely and cold, there is no better way to feel wholeheartedly supported. But well, after listening to it two or three times, you begin to seek for other music and stuff to do. And that's really, really good - it brings you back to beeing happy and energized, something that's really important to me when I feel cold and lonely.

It's a great soundtrack, like from all the other Bethesda games I have played so far. You can call me boring to like the shared concepts of Oblivion and Bethesda's Fallout games, but they work pretty well in their basic combination. I didn't like Oblivion as much as Fallout (it didn't have it's stats freedom), but I have my fun with it. It's interesting to see how I quick I decide which features are useful to me and with are not. I think Fallout 3 gave a better understanding of the system they use for their RPGs, so maybe I should simply play Oblivion again. I still haven't solved most main quests and so on. Also, I need a mod to disable the battle music. It's the only annoying soundtrack part. I mean yes, drama drama for epic massacres! Whatever, I rather like playing and fighting with not nervous making music in the background.

Oh, and it seems that I also don't really understand the difficulty system they used. I like if there are two or three set difficulties, but Oblivion makes it rather not a challenge by keeping the actual difficulty floaty and open. I don't this so much, but if it's like that, I shall live with it and get the best out of it. Good thing is, you can simply use whatever character combination comes to your mind and be happy with it. I see, I did NOT understand why Bethesda had chosen such a system. It makes Oblivion less a normal hardcore video game, but more casual than I prefer. Wtf, let's start kicking some zombie buts.

No comments: