11.26.2010

Fuck it

I hate, utterly HATE writing code that doesn't check for the complete correct of given data. You know what? PArsing is the shittiest work EVER, cause proper format checking is too complex and simple "trying" to get some data is too easy. And fuck, I hate this circumstance. I wrote just 15 lines of barely nested which simply scans for important characters and takes the stuff inbetween. More than 5 years of C++ coding makes a coder thinking in terms of strictness, not of "automatically scanning" input code. I. HATE. PARSING.

Ok, that was necessary. I feel better now! I hate that there are ALWAYS cases in which it is faster to not following the strict rules but only scan for important places in the code. For me, it is no question to always for errors and wrong format. What I want is a perfect parser system, but this won't work so quick for a 14MB text file and I don't want to take forever for that. Writing a perfect parser requires experience in writing and designing them. So far I already wrote about 10 for different, not really simple formats, so I'm experienced to NO END. I simply say this. It is like that, shut up stupid voice in the background. And you know what? Regexps suck. Really. I need to write a parser to write a parser for them. WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT. Nobody needs to varify the correctness of expressions if he can't get it's content in detail.

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

No comments: