11.26.2010

Fail

Oh god, I failed so hard with this parser. It's always like that: prototypes make you realize how good the new concepts are you realized while fighting with the old ones. So I failed making my initial concepts come true. I simply lost overview about the very specific cases in so many different facets. It even became more in the end and I'll start using regular expressions instead. I always wanted to implement it one day. However, I can still use fscanf or shit like that to get content line by line. Argh, I hate this. It's no good to make such special contructs - you'll also ways fail. But well, I thought I don't have the time to implement regexp's. No I seem to need them. Unfortunately, existing libraries don't seem to work the way I want... fuck it, totally. It's no fun to parse without them.

No comments: